I have always tremendously enjoyed reading and I want to share that with anyone who is interested. While my reading interests vary widely, I have steered toward science fiction pretty heavily over the last year. I think this is because science fiction most closely associates with my Information Assurance studies. In general though, this page will serve as a log of what I have read and I will include a few thoughts on each book or series if I see fit.
In no particular order, I have recently read the following:
- The Honor Harrington Series by David Weber, through about book 10. These books are remarkably detailed, with excellent character development and a focus on political and social interactions which occur throughout the universe which David Weber has created.
- Lost Fleet Series, by Jack Campbell. While this series focuses much more on space combat than the Honor Harrington series does, it still contains a respectable amount of character development.
- Daemon and Freedom (TM) by Daniel Suarez
- Resurrection by Arwen Elys Dayton
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. This book manages to combine a decent amount of true information about Lincoln's life with a wonderfully entertaining fictional story line.
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- The Hunger Games trilogy. I feel like I don't need to add any link or comment here.
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late by Matthew Lyon and Katie Hafner. A thorough telling of the birth of the Internet.